Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hobbies Hobbies Hobbies


So I literally have a plethora of hobbies that I have gradually acquired over my almost 24 years of life. I love all of them, and I wish there was more time in a day where I could do all of them! The one thing about having so many hobbies, is that I don't have too much time to get better at one single hobby. But lately I have been focusing on just one, well maybe for the most part anyways. I LOVE photography, and I always have. My problem was I just didn't really ever work on it. While taking some computer and humanities classes years ago I fell in love with photoshop. Not because you can literally change a whole image, by completely changing the way a person looks, but more because by adjusting certain things a photo can be taken up 100 levels! I didn't have too much time over the years to work on this hobby, but I just can't resist anymore. I have been lucky enough to have my own little model this past year to take thousands of photos of, but now I am expanding!

The reason that this has just exploded in my mind is that last week I got a call from my sister telling me how her husband (who is a great photographer) took some wedding photos for his friend a few years ago, and now his little brother is getting married and wanted him to take his photos. And seeing how they now live in Texas that would be next to impossible, they asked if he knew anyone else that would be interested. He gave them my name! I was shocked, and a big ball of nervousness lodged in my stomach, but at the same time I was honestly elated! I couldn't stop smiling, and thinking about what shots I would do, if I could do them....yada yada yada. I have never been so excited about a hobby--ever. So now, even though I am still super nervous, I have a few months to work on this wonderful hobby! And even if this for some reason falls through I am so glad it has given me the drive to work on this!

1 comment:

Don Anderson said...

Remember your first digital camera? Maybe I should bring it to you! You have always had an eye for the arts, so watch out world, here comes Brenna! I'm glad we're family so we get to enjoy your talents up close! Sure love you!