Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good Deed

So yesterday it was just the little miss and me all day long. Aaron went to a wedding in Vegas with his little brother. Because I knew Aaron was probably enjoying himself I felt justified to go to Pizzahut :) We drove to the store and waited in the drive-thru. While we were waiting I looked across the busy, four lane street and noticed two little kids trying to cross the road--they would take a step out and then get nervous and run back. I felt terrible knowing I couldn't help them because Cordy was in the car, and I would have to leave her to run across the street. Within a minute of me noticing them, I saw a bus coming very slowly down the road. At first I thought he was stopping to let them cross, but then he pulled over, ran out of the bus and over to them and walked them across the street. I was shocked, and so grateful that there are wonderful people like him out there. I kept thinking did he have to announce it on the bus? I hope all the passengers were glad he stopped instead of mad about being put a minute or two behind schedule. I tried to remember his bus number so I could call UTA and tell them what a wonderful and caring driver they have, but I forgot the number on the way home, despite my efforts to repeat it over and over. So this is my little way of thanking him--by sharing his story and hope that I will do the same.

On a different note, this week we had a lot of fun with the little one.




She now folds her arms every time we sit down to eat, and sometimes just randomly throughout the day, so we say little prayers all day long :)
She is very smart and whenever we start counting she says "teee" when we get to three <3
And that little angel girl still LOVES clothes. She puts anything and everything on her head, around her neck and she loves hats :)

5 comments:

kikiherrmann88 said...

oh my goodness! Can i please squeeze her!

Brenna King said...

haha, yes she would love that :)

Don Anderson said...

What a beautiful and adorable grandaughter we have! And Brenna, you have the biggest heart ever! Your little family is blessed to have you as the heart of the home! Sure love you!

coolhandluke said...

that's a neat story, a good example for me to remember

sherrie bebe said...

wow! That is so neat. First of all that he noticed what they were trying to do, and secondly that he took a few minutes from his busy schedule to help them. What a great example.