Sunday, November 7, 2010

Slowing Down

So, just recently I have been trying to have some girl time with my friends, and it has been so amazing! Aaron has been such a good husband and he really pushes me to hang out with my old friends...This month I feel so much better about myself because I have had some girl time. Time where Daddy is taking care of Cordy, and I can completely relax and spend an hour or so just having fun and having no responsibilities: no dishes, no diapers, no feeding, no vacuuming... just me. I know this sounds so selfish, but I have realized as a mom, this time is so important! I think I would go crazy without some "me" time. I love, love, love being a mom and a wife, but at times I want to pull my hair out because I feel like there are days where I cook, clean, do laundry, and put baby to bed/feed 24/7. This is time where I can just breathe and completely de-stress (I have been grinding my teeth at night like crazy because I get so stressed sometimes.)

Having this time makes me realize how much I love my little family. It's amazing that by pulling back a little, and having a chance to relax makes life so much more enjoyable. Lately I have worked out with some of my friends, done crafts, and yes even shopping and tanning. Some things that make life slow down again, in a good way. I hardly ever do things like this anymore with other girls, and once in a while it's kind of nice :) . I feel so blessed to have a husband that doesn't grumble when I ask to run some errands in the evening, while he watches the munchkin. He loves to see me happy, and would literally do anything to see me smile.

3 comments:

sherrie bebe said...

Getting away is definitely necessary! It's amazing how refreshed one can feel after a little socializing with the girls and how much better of a mom and wife we are when we get a brief break every once and a while. You are so lucky to have a husband that understands and is willing to help. Lee is amazing like that as well. We are so blessed!

Tara Schrock said...

Maybe that's what I need to do? i have only hung out with friends twice in the last year for anything, and one was a baby shower. I usually feel guilty having fun without the kids or Brian....but it's true...it's very fun and fulfilling when I have. I am glad you've found all those fun things to enjoy, you sound like such a fun and exciting person Brenna.

Brenna King said...

Sherrie we are so blessed!!

And Tara Brian would totally understand. I felt bad leaving Aaron, but he knows I need a break now and then, and Brian knows too!! And being able to forget about everything makes a world of difference. Do it!! Even if it's only for an hour to do lunch, or go get ice cream, or heck even window shop.

Love you guys!