Monday, February 21, 2011

A Week of Firsts



So this past week Cordy has been growing up like crazy. Her first tooth came in! It has been a long time coming--we've been waiting for that sucker for the past 6 or 7 months. We were happy that it took her so long because that usually means that they will be better/stronger teeth :) (that's what we have been told anyways) at least it has meant no brushing. Aaron and I have been teasing others by telling them if she didn't get her teeth, we would actually be relieved because then we would just wait until she is 18 to get her dental implants--in order to avoid her ever dating in high school :)haha, well it WAS a good plan.
And still talking about her little tooth: since day one our little angel has been anything but normal, from a full head of black hair now to have her first tooth come in on the top. And there is about 3 others on the top ready to break through...she has proved to be very unpredictable.
I'm not going to lie, when I found her tooth last Thursday, I cried. My baby's toothless little smile is not toothless anymore! I know it sounds ridiculous, but that means my baby REALLY is growing up...I KNOW I will be the mom who cries at every change: going to nursery, when she says "I love you"....countless others and not to mention EVERY first day of school. Oh boy :)

And on top of that, she got her first scraped knee from running outside. This whole growing up thing is happening way too fast!!!

1 comment:

coolhandluke said...

Dental implants! Lol. You'll have to post a picture of her new beautiful smile!