Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday Girl

So last week the little munchkin turned one!!! I cannot believe that a year has gone by with our precious little girl. This year, I think both Aaron and I could say, that it has been the best year of our life. It is amazing how much love and happiness our little angel has brought into our home. Seriously, life before now seems like we were living in a 2D world and when she came into our lives everything turned into 3D. We have experienced a new and unbelievably strong type of love, happiness, and even sadness (when our little one gets hurt). All of our emotions have been heightened--in a good way--and everything is just better. And don't get me wrong, parenting is hard...but there are So many moments that make it all worth it!
So now the little pumpkin is zooming all over the place. She is becoming so much more aware of things and it is so fun. Aaron and I have a blast talking to her because any question we ask her she says "ya" or "mmmhm" it is too dang cute. So this is how conversations go:

Brenna: Cordy,is mommy your favorite person in the whole world?
Cordy: Ya
Aaron: Are you lying?
Cordy: Ya

Haha, so you can see we have fun with talking to her.
We now can tell her "Cordy, I'm going to get you" and put our hands up like we are going to tickle her, and she goes squealing down the hall and tries to hide behind anything she can--by hiding her face :) We are having a blast with her.
She is the MOST loving little girl ever. She hugs random people at church, and even fell in love with her doctor because he was so nice--she didn't even want to go to me!
She loved her little party and smiled the whole time we sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She loves everything she got, clothes included, and had a great day!



Attempt at a birthday cake...not how I wanted it, but it was yummy

fun party hats!

She played with it instead of eating it...

So many fun presents!

She had a tea party with her new tea set, and baby doll..(It was actually really warm for us--that bit of snow on the ground was the only snow anywhere)



More one year pics are coming :)

4 comments:

Don Anderson said...

Oh my goodness Brenna! Those are absolutely beautiful pictures! What a beautiful baby! What a joy she has been to us, too! She has a real gift of giving, already!

Charayne said...

She is just darling and you guys are fun parents! Way to go. :)

Tara Schrock said...

haha...I want to chase her around and tickle her! It's hard to imagine her running around though, especially since Jo is still crawling! And I like her ya and mhhmm....Jovi says Hi, Daddy, Baby and Kitty now:0)

Tara Schrock said...

I like when Aaron asked her if she's lying....made me do an outloud little laugh...which I rarely do, but LOVE to, so thanks for sharing !!!