Thursday, November 11, 2010

Belated Birthday

So Aaron's brother Seth had a birthday a few weeks ago. We went to his cousins to celebrate it and had a great time. But my family has always had big birthday traditions, and when I had a few siblings up here we always spoiled each other. So I wanted to have fun and give Seth his own night too. I made his request for French dipped sandwiches, which were divine! And I experimented with a cake as well. Aaron and I have been watching Cake Boss, and love it. The show gave me the urge to give a shot at cake decorating. I made fondant for the first time, and made a four layered cake (thanks to my lovely aunt who gave me the pans!). It was surprisingly delicious, and pretty fun to make too. I couldn't find my thinner tip, so it looked a little different than I wanted it to.



No comments: